Ronald Johnson is also famous for The American Dream is USA based professional boxer.
Here we will try our best to provide you the recent information about his personal life, Biography, and net worth.
Ronald Johnson Quick Facts/Wiki
|Full Name||Ronald Johnson|
|Nick Name||The American Dream|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1985|
|Place of Birth||Cleveland, OH|
|Age in 2022||36 years old|
|Coach||Floyd Mayweather Sr, Mike Mccallum|
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada USA|
|Net Worth 2022||$7.5 million|
Real Name and Status
Ronald Johnson’s real name is Ronald Johnson, he is a USA based world champion Boxer. Ronald Johnson is alive in February 2022.
Date of Birth, Place of Birth, and Age
Ronald Johnson, born In Cleveland Ohio November 6, 1985. He moved to Las Vegas in 2003 with Muhammad Ali’s daughter Laila Ali.
Sources of Worth
Ronald Johnson is a 4x Champion in professional boxing. He is trained by none other than Floyd Mayweather Sr., The former WBF World Light Heavyweight Champion, The Former WBF All American Light Heavyweight Champion, The Former WBC USNBC Light Heavyweight Champion, and the Current GBO World Heavyweight Champion.
Also the CEO of American Dream Presents, American Dream Presents was founded by Ronald Johnson in 2007. The promotional outfit has put on numerous shows with the likes of Don King, Zab Judah, Fernando Vargas, Joel Casamayor, Michael Grant, and many others.
READ ALSO: Bryant Jennings Net Worth
American Dream Presents is also working on a reality show that will feature Ray J and Princess Love and Ronald Johnson called “Fit Two Deliver”. It will be featured on a major network sometime this year. American Dream Presents and Ronald Johnson is responsible for brokering over 100 million dollars in deals since its existence.
Also, Johnson is a partner in a successful Government Contracting Business where they bid on construction jobs.
Johnson was introduced to politics by Republican businessman Wayne Allyn Root. So Johnson served as Nevada Southern Representative for the Libertarian Party and was very helpful in creating a voice to legalize marijuana in Nevada. Was voted in office from 2012-2016
Cleveland’s own Light heavyweight champion boxer Ron Johnson started his illustrious boxing career ironically the day he was born. “His uncle Ron Johnson was a boxer and died in the ring when he was only 19, he was my father’s brother. When he was born, everyone said he looked like him and hoped h might be a boxer also.”
READ ALSO: Gervonta Davis Net Worth
Their wishes came true! Ron Johnson began learning the fundamentals of boxing at the early age of 7. Now at 34, Ron Johnson has won numerous amateur tournaments including Golden Gloves and the USA championship. Ron also had the honor of representing the United States in many matches against other countries which he successfully won.
After graduating from high school at 16, he had the opportunity to train and live with Laila Ali: the great Muhammad Ali’s daughter.
Johnson learned style and techniques from the Ali camp for 6 months until contract talks forced him to move forward with his career. During his short tenure with Laila Ali, Ron met many boxing champions including the Mayweather boxing family.
It was to Jeff Mayweather that Ron expressed his desire to further his career by establishing a sponsor.
Jeff acted quickly by introducing him to business owner Devore Whitt, who became his sponsor as well as another father figure in his life. “It must have been God,” said Johnson “because he took all the stress off me and paid me to train. I now could concentrate on Boxing.” Mr. Whitt was very instrumental in jump-starting Ron’s career.
At age 19, Ron turned professional when he signed with a management company NRAGE out of Philadelphia and started training with Floyd Mayweather Sr. His professional debut was on the same card as Winky Wright and Shane Mosley in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Casino & Resort. In his first match, he scored a 4th round TKO.
He went on to win 9 more consecutive fights. In 2006, Mr. Johnson becomes a free agent and signed a 5 year, 7 figure deal with Houston based Management Company Kenny boy.
Industry greats, such as Don King and Oscar De La Hoya all offered to sign him and offered substantial money to do so but, Ron was happy with Kennyboy’s management company. Shortly after, Ron had the opportunity to sign a multi-year deal with the promoter, Murad Muhammad who promoted Roy Jones Jr and Evander Holyfield.
This was worth millions to Ron Johnson, but he still wasn’t sure if it was the right career move for him as he wanted to take control over his own career.
Once he made the decision, he quickly enlisted help from a friend and set out to gain control by finding investors for his next fight. After the investors saw him fight and knock out Aaron Norwood in the 3rd round they promptly awarded him the capital to promote his next fight. This was the turning point for Johnson and a dream come true.
Johnson said, “It’s my biggest accomplishment to date!” Mr. Johnson promoted his first fight on October 6, 2007, and became one of the youngest light heavyweight Champions.
He then started the foundation: “Put down the guns, Pick up the gloves” which is a foundation to help steer teens in the right direction and stop senseless violence. Since then Mr. Johnson’s foundation has given away 3 homes to deserving families and supported many programs dealing with troubled teens.
Profession and Career
Ronald Johnson was on Team USA as an amateur
- Ronald Johnson Started Boxing at Age 7
- Sponsored by the Great Emanuel Steward from age 13 – 17 (Got to train with Prince Nadeem Hameed, Lennox Lewis, And Zab Judah all in their prime at their training camps in Pocono, PA
- Participated in the Junior Pan Am Games in Mexico City. Johnson won a Silver Medal losing to Cuba in the Finals.
- Moved To Las Vegas in 2003 with Laila Ali (Muhammad Ali Daughter)
- Turned Professional Nov 20, 2004, at the Mandalay Bay casino on the undercard of Winky Wright vs Shane Mosley on Showtime.
- July 14, 2007, Johnson knocked out Aaron Norwood and served the co-main event on PPV to Roy Jones Jr when he defeated Anthony Hanshaw.
- October 6, 2007, Johnson formed American Dream Presents and promoted his first promotion with Jim Brown football legend, and Two of them donated 3 homes to 3 single mothers going thru hard times. During that promotion, Johnson Captured the WBF All American Light Heavyweight Title.
- August 29, 2009, Johnson won the WBC Light Heavyweight Title when he faced off against champion Billy Bailey. This was also promoted by Johnson and was on PPV, the card featured the son of the legend Hector Camacho Jr.
- November 6, 2009, American Dream Presents promoted the big promotion “Road to Redemption” which featured Zab Judah, Joel Casamayor, and Ronald Johnson which Fight was at the Palms Casino in Las Vegas NV. Live on PPV. The fight was a major success.
- March 11, 2011, American Dream Presents Promoted “Reign In The Ring” and Featured Tye Fields vs Michael Grant, a Heavyweight clash from Las Vegas NV which was on PPV.
- 2006-2017 Johnson’s American Dream Presents Company co-promoted multiple Boxing events with the legendary promoter Don King.
- Johnson starred and Executive Produced a boxing Reality tv show called “Knockout” Season 3, which took place on Azteca America. The show not only Featured Johnson but also Featured Hector Camacho Jr. The Show finale took place on July 14, 2017, at the Westgate Hotel in Las Vegas where Ron Johnson promoted the fight for himself and Camacho Jr. Johnson was Victorious.
- June 14, 2019, Johnson went to Davao City, Philippines to fight for the GBO heavyweight Championship against Saul Farrah. Johnson won the VIA 12 round decision.
- October 12, 2019, Johnson defended the heavyweight title in a Rematch against Sergio Ramirez in LA. Johnson successfully defended the heavyweight Crown.
- Johnson struck deal with USA Today Sports and Boxing Junkies to deliver exclusive and exciting boxing content.
Ronald Johnson is living in Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America.
Boxer Ronald Johnson Net Worth 2022
His approximate Net Worth is $7.5 million.